Sunday, March 20, 2016

A "Lovely" Wedding Night for Sir Gawain


So here is kind of what I pictured Dame Ragnelle to look like when we were reading.

      I made her more into a cartoon character than an actual real person. I put her in undergarments cause that was probably the best way that I could think to do it. Let me know what you think of it and if there's anything you think I could make a little better because I don't think shes perfect but, I think that I got all the qualities that we discussed in class. I also found a picture of food that I could lay behind her since she was able to eat more than any other man.

5 comments:

  1. I love the background on this. However, I do think she could be a bit stooped to show off the hump or have some kind of bump protruding from her back. Otherwise, I think it's a great representation of what she was described as.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I wanted to have mounds of food at her feet but I thought it would look better if i just had food surrounding her. And yea i actually realized that after I hand drew her and sort of tried to fix it a little, but its hard to see cause of the hair but I did give her a little bit of a hump, but i agree it should have been more noticeable!

      Delete
  2. I think this is a great representation of Dame Ragnelle. You have the teeth, nails, yellow eyes, and saggy features. I did picture her a little more round because the text explained her as barrel shaped, but other than that you did a great job. A lot better than what I could have done since drawing is not my strong point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, when i first drew her I actually drew a barrel, then started to make her body from it but I ended up just shaping her torso as a barrel rather than her whole body, but I was having a hard time with the legs so I think it would would have looked better if I made her whole body like a barrel like you're saying.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Brittany this would be the thought that i would have of Dame Ragnelle, because she is depicted as a very unattractive woman. She would have probably been drawn somewhat similar in the book if it had illustrations.

    ReplyDelete