Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Most Surprisng Thing I learned

As the semester draws to a close, I am finding it rather hard to think of something surprising that I learned. To an extent, I had a vague sense that the Medieval period had a lot of the issues that we discussed in class. For example, I knew to some extent that they held extremely anti-semitic views. As well as that women had some degree of agency. I had had previous classes kind of touch on these issues or I had encountered them myself in my own personal reading. I think what made this class interesting to me was bringing all of these ideas and thought processes together into one context and then broadening it out into many as well as applying it to the modern day. I guess I have to say what was most surprising was that these works of literature can still have so much power and influence today as they would have when they were more widely read or shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment